Every moment is crammed with infinite riches which are given us according to the extent of our faith and love.
- Fr. Jean-Pierre de Caussade (1675- 1751)

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Yarn Along

 
I'm joining Ginny for the first time in her Yarn Along.  I'm currently knitting yet another hat.  It must be the sudden cold weather here. And the quick projects satisfy my need for instant gratification.  A nice break from the looong project I've been working on for the girls that definitely won't be ready to show until well after Christmas.  On my night stand with the knitting are the other "yarns."  The Trumpet of the Swan is a read-aloud for the kids.  The Wives of Henry the VIII is a book that I borrowed from my sister-in-law months and months ago.  It's not exactly light reading so it's slow going.  But it is fascinating!  Antonia Fraser really makes these women come alive for me.  Highly recommended!

4 comments:

  1. I love that - "the other 'yarns.'" Perfect! Made me smile...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to discover your blog! I love the quick knits of hats, I may have to pick another one up soon starting a sweater is slow going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the Henry VIII book eons ago, I can't remember it, but remember liking it back in the day, lol! We also just pulled out The Trumpet of the Swan. I have never read it and am about to with my little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww... comments from someone other than my mother. Thanks ladies. You made my day! (Not that I don't love your comments too, Mom!)

    ReplyDelete