Every moment is crammed with infinite riches which are given us according to the extent of our faith and love.
- Fr. Jean-Pierre de Caussade (1675- 1751)

Monday, August 9, 2010

Great visit to NC

In July we spent two wonderful weeks in North Carolina at my parents' house. We had a great time visiting and playing and relaxing. I learned some things, though.

One, I can't go off for two weeks in the middle of the growing season and expect my garden to be okay when I return...even if I leave my husband home.

Two, it's really, really nice to have my Mom and Dad with me in times of crisis.

Three, North Carolina is HOT in the summer. (For that matter, so is Maryland.) The only escape from the heat is indoors or in the water.

And even though there are a lot of fun things to do in the summer, it's not my favorite season. And since we homeschool, the only real meaning that "summer vacation" has is that everything is crowded with school kids on their vacation.

Four, I miss my family and I wish we could live closer. Okay, I didn't learn that just now. But every time I make the trip to NC I am reminded of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment