Every moment is crammed with infinite riches which are given us according to the extent of our faith and love.
- Fr. Jean-Pierre de Caussade (1675- 1751)

Thursday, July 14, 2011

July Fourth

Okay, I know it's already two weeks ago.  But I thought I would post some pictures of our July Fourth weekend.  I was actually able to get out and do some stuff, thanks to Ray doing all the driving and lots of child minding.  Originally I had hoped to get down to North Carolina to see my family.  The way I've been feeling lately, that wasn't happening.  Instead, we drove north to a great pick-your-own farm for blueberries.




It was pretty hot and I didn't do much picking.  We ended up with about 11 pounds of blueberries.  Not as many as I had hoped.  We had fun, though.  We also picked raspberries...or I should say M and C picked raspberries with Daddy's help.  The rest of us stayed in the car and rested. 

On the way home we convinced the kids to try a more traditional style Japanese restaurant.  Until then they had only been to the teppanyaki type Japanese restaurants which I don't really consider to be real Japanese food.  There was no kids menu so they each got a bento box lunch.  Ray got Yaki Soba which was really good.  And I ordered Teriyaki Chicken, mainly so that if any of the kids didn't like what they had I would have some food to give them.  I didn't need to worry!  They loved the bento boxes with tempura, gyoza, miso soup, sushi, a salad, and of course, rice.  I was really wishing that I had ordered a bento box, too.  Next time we go to the farm we are definitely stopping by there for lunch again!




No comments:

Post a Comment