Every moment is crammed with infinite riches which are given us according to the extent of our faith and love.
- Fr. Jean-Pierre de Caussade (1675- 1751)

Monday, November 1, 2010

Too much stuff!

Today we had the exterminator here spraying our house for carpet beetles.  Yuck!  I had to unload everything out of our closets and pull things away from the walls.  He went through the whole house.  Every room, bathroom, and closet, the garage, the basement, and our storage room.  As I was running around ahead of him picking up stray toys, books, and lost socks (among other things) I had one thought in my head..."How on earth did we accumulate so much crap stuff?"  One of my many New Year's resolutions that have been ignored this year was to take a car load of crap stuff to the Salvation Army at least once a month.   To get back on track I am going to have to donate eleven car loads this month.  It's going to be nearly impossible.  But it would feel so wonderfully liberating.  I must do it.

A few pictures of what my house looks like right now:   Aaaagghhh!



All this stuff crap is suffocating me!

No comments:

Post a Comment