Every moment is crammed with infinite riches which are given us according to the extent of our faith and love.
- Fr. Jean-Pierre de Caussade (1675- 1751)

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sometimes you just have to laugh

A couple of nights ago I was putting the kids to bed and my four year old, Cara, was really trying my patience. She was in the bathroom having a meltdown over brushing her teeth. I wasn't making any progress and it was getting later and later. So I called in for back-up. Unfortunately, when my husband got upstairs, he had even less patience than I did. (It had been a really long day.) As we were standing outside the bathroom together listening to the screaming coming from inside my husband noticed something on the wall. It was a patch roughly 4 inches in diameter, about knee-high, and whiter than the wall. I bent down to get a better look. I scratched at it with my nail and a little scrap of paper came off. I scratched off 20 or so more little pieces of torn paper that had basically been stuck on like paper-mache with (I can only assume) spit. And underneath I found this:

I just had to laugh! Even as frustrated as I was, the image of Cara executing her "brilliant" plan to cover up her graffiti brought tears of laughter to my eyes.

I think she left her mark just the night before. But, it was pretty well concealed. Had we not been standing around right at that spot, it might have gone unnoticed for much longer. I kind of wish I had left the paper-mache on, because now it's much more noticeable. And I'm not sure how to get ball point pen off the wall without taking the paint off too. Wait a second...I've got more paper and plenty of spit. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment