Every moment is crammed with infinite riches which are given us according to the extent of our faith and love.
- Fr. Jean-Pierre de Caussade (1675- 1751)

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Baking and a garden update

We spent some time in the kitchen today. I love that we are able to make (nearly) all of the bread we eat. And I also love that it means we have plenty of stale, day-old loaf ends to turn into this:

Bread pudding makes a yummy dessert and may be my favorite quick and easy breakfast, too. I also used up the last of the plums we picked earlier this summer to make this crisp:

It was the perfect treat to have after a long evening at back-to-back soccer practices.

It was a dreary day today. But we did get outside for a while to check on the garden and pull a few weeds. And admire the flowers.


Considering my black thumb I've had some pretty good success with my cucumbers.

The most of the tomatoes are still producing well, too.

The most amazing to me is this "wild" tomato that is growing at the bottom of our steps. It has even survived an accidental near-decapitation with the weed whacker.

And the kids, of course, spent some time on the swings. That swing-set was a good investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment