Every moment is crammed with infinite riches which are given us according to the extent of our faith and love.
- Fr. Jean-Pierre de Caussade (1675- 1751)

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Yarn Along

Yarn Along with Ginny @ small things

A couple of days ago I cast on for the Baby Surprise Jacket that is found in The Opinionated Knitter by Elizabeth Zimmermann.  I've been wanting to try this little sweater for a while now.  It's supposed to be very easy.  The directions, however are very confusing for me.  When Elizabeth Foss started her knit along with help promised, I decided to give it a go.  I've had to consult a few YouTube videos already, but so far so good!  The other book I'm reading now is Simplicity Parenting by Kim John Payne.  I'm only a little way into it and I've already marked up my copy underlining passages.  I knew I would like this book before I started it.  It came highly recommended by friends.  And I already knew that I wanted to make some significant changes in our family life.  Hopefully this book will give me the tools and the motivation to do just that.

6 comments:

  1. BSJ will be my first knit - one day, when there will be a baby in my life :) I adore the pattern! it's awesome! :) and your yarn-choice is perfect for the project :) good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Yarn is very beautiful. So bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! This is my first sweater and I'm a little intimidated. But with the help of the knit along, hopefully I'll muddle through. The yarn, by the way, is just from Jo-Ann's. It's Paton's Classic Wool in kimono. Someday I'm going to splurge on some really nice yarn. But not while I'm still such a beginner. I'd be afraid to waste it on a sloppy job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that yarn! It's absolutely beautiful. Makes me want to go to JoAnn's to check out the yarn selections.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing your sweater take shape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about EZ's pattern. They seem more like "suggestions" than real instructions. Good luck with the BSJ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful yarn -- I love the colors. I'm finding the yarn-along to be a great help in figuring out the pattern.

    I also read Simplicity Parenting and enjoyed it -- a lot of good ideas there.

    ReplyDelete