Every moment is crammed with infinite riches which are given us according to the extent of our faith and love.
- Fr. Jean-Pierre de Caussade (1675- 1751)

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Yarn Along

Yarn Along with Ginny @ small things


I'm working on a blanket for the new baby.  It's organic cotton and I quite like how it's turning out so far.  I really hope I'll be able to finish it before the new baby arrives.  I'm (re-)reading A Mother's Rule of Life and Sidetracked Home Executives in a sort of desperate attempt to bring complete order and peace to our home before we have to adjust to life with an infant again.  I've read A Mother's Rule of Life many times.  My copy is all marked up and highlighted.  I like the author's philosophy and her emphasis on having the proper priorities and motivations in life.  I just don't know if her "system" for getting there works for me.  I've tried it several times and failed.  So, on the recommendation of a friend, I'm trying out the Sidetracked Home Executive way.  This book is very goofy and not spiritual at all.  But it does offer another system for organization and staying on track that might work for me.  I'm hoping I can take the best from both books and  figure this homemaking thing out once and for all.

4 comments:

  1. I just love knitting with organic cotton. It's so crazy soft! Your picture definitely shows that! I have not heard of either book, but recently heard a speaker who wrote the book "If I'm Diapering a Watermelon, Where did I put the Baby?" It's talking about the highly distractable mom, and she's a Christian author too, although I think her writing is more comedian-like than others. She has some very concrete, simple suggestions, though. I think she has a website called SizzleBop.

    I'm right there with you...it's so hard to keep life simple and orderly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the yarn looks so soft and I love the color! It is perfect for a baby blanket :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. knitting for new babes is always so much fun! Especially with yummy soft yarn like this!

    ReplyDelete